View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 07:34 AM
Quilting Nana

Originally Posted by Annya
I am like you GrammyPatty7. My room houses my computer, sewing machines 2+ over locker plus another one coming cost about 6,000 and so much fabric that I don't know the value plus colored boxes to put my fat quarters color coded so I can find the right thing when needed. Storage boxes and10 plastic drawers, all full of fabric plus at the moment my table is full of fabric while I am making a quilt. I only clean up when I have finished the quilt. Don't know the total cost but I've been quilting for 10 years, but been sewing since 4yrs old. In those days you were taught to sew in pre-school. Now kids do not learn until they are in high school. I am now 58 .
With cut backs in the school system home ec. has been cut. So they don't learn in HS.
It is up to us to teach our DD,DS, D nephews, neices and grandchildren to sew so the art is not lost.
I have had the privledge to help teach at a quilt camp for children this week. There are 8 little girls ages 8-12. We are having a great time. I think I am having more fun than the girls.
My DGS and I are working on a space quilt he is 7.
He made his first quilt at 5.
Ooops off the subject.
I think I fit all the criteria. :lol: