View Single Post
Old 07-17-2008, 08:12 AM
Roben

I've finally gotten back to the memory quilt - I've decided to put the original handwritten explanations in a pocket created by the quilt label on the back. I'm digitizing the label with my Mom's and Grandmother's full names. I even have a title for the quilt on the label: For the Love of Needle and Thread.

The doily under the sewing machine appliqué is an inexpensive white one from Michaels (the same color as the round one in the corner of the picture); it's amazing what a dunk in some tea will do :D I have a piece of tiny white lace in the tea bath now; it will drape over the side of the sewing box. I just found that design, so I stitched it out onto the same background fabric and made an appliqué - it just seemed to go with the theme of the quilt. The miniature doll doesn't look like it should go, but Grandma collected them and kept that particular one in her sewing box.

The only thing that's missing is an antique pair of scissors; I just haven't found the right pair yet, so I'll have to add them later. Since all this has to go on by hand anyway, it should be no problem. Mom has the Ginghers, but I sure can't blame her for not giving them up!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-45645.jpe