View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 04:26 PM
Pzazz

Originally Posted by Joanie2
Do you have space - dining room or whathaveyou that you can invite a few of them to have your own retreat but with friends? That's what I do. Once a month I invite 3 friends to come and play. They each bring a food item to share - actually they bring 99% of it. I provide the space and add a separate table for cutting and put up the ironing board. We have a wonderful time and look forward to it every month.
joanie...this would be the gals I would invite to do just that!!! There are only 4 of us. We do try to meet at least once a month, and it usually works out for at least some of us to get together. It just happened that either work or family commitments got in the way this time.

Jingleberry...I also enjoy sewing alone. And I enjoy sewing with others occasionally for the companionship..and learning new ways of doing things.

My DH is very supportive, and won't hassle me about sewing instead of doing other things...like mowing some of the 2 1/2 acres we keep in lawn, or weeding in the veggie garden. He knows and appreciates that this is my de-stresser. Waaaay better than any drug I know of!!! ;)

Here's to a great w/end for us all. :D

Patti