View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 09:13 PM
cloudswinger

Originally Posted by june6995
Did they ever read the number of signers on that big petition that began a few years back? Did that mean nothing?
http://www.petitiononline.com/savefab/petition.html
46861 have signed as of today................

We have one WalMart on the West side of Cincinnati that still has fabrics but no one is assigned to that department. It is one giant mess.

We have a new WalMart on the NorthEast side of Cincinnati that I am told DOES NOT have fabric.

I believe it was reported here than an organized picket line took place in Florida (If I am not mistaken) outside a WalMart and they refused to leave until the manager came out. He promised then the fabric dept would not be closed. Does anyone else remember that?

June in Cincinnati
47000 is not very many people, considering that there are 1500 stores in the US in the 80s.( I didn't find current numbers for just the US) That makes an average of 30 people per store that are interested in fabrics.

Walmart is all about sales per square foot, and not only does the fabric dept probably sell less, but also has the higher cost of an employee that would have to staff the area. Just think, they pay someone 10 per hour, and it takes say 15 minutes to serve you. It just cost them 2.50, and the sale could be a just yard of that 1$ fabric. On top of that, the cutting table takes up space that could be used for more product. I don't see how they could really justify bringing it back the way it used to be. They are all about the bottom line.