View Single Post
Old 07-31-2010, 05:55 AM
ksea

Earlier this month there was a thread started to say postive things about quilt shops http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-54423-1.htm
(this was after a b.... session about WM, joanns etc) and so many of you listed your favorite LQS. I made a list of the ones that were closest to me in Michigan and I have to say a gaint thank you for the information. My husband just took me on a 4 day quilt shop adventure and we had a fantastic time and I got an incredible amont of BEAUTIFUL fabrics. Some of the great places were Delphines (she stayed open late and spent about an hour talking with us) and the Ben Franklin in Gaylord, and Susies Stitchin in Houghton lake, what a wonderful couple that owns that one, they have the best price on a packaged deal for the go cutter system that I have seen anywhere. Going to go back next weekend and buy it from there. The Ice House in Grayling was 2 floors of beautiful quilts and fabric. Calico crafts in Petoskey was fabulous. Everyone that I spoke to was just awesome.
I can't thank the members of this board enough for insight on the best places to go. I made sure that I told all of the people that I came in contact with that I had heard about them on this board.