Old 07-31-2010, 07:43 AM
Lostn51
Banned

[quote=BoJangles]
Originally Posted by dunster
Look for Boye needles instead.

Ok I googled Boye sewing machine needles and the only thing I can come up with is vintage needles.

Billy can I get new/reproduced/some kind of Schmetz needle that will work on the 9W machine?

Nancy
Charlee gave us some numbers to work with for these machines but they are not exactly the same needle. The dimensions are right but you have to time the needle before you use the machine because they are industrial needles. I am still trying to locate them so I can try them out to see if they work like we think they will.

This is one of the disadvantages of owning a vintage machine is the needles are sometimes out of production and you have to go to the needle book and start doing the math. A lot of the machines use a curved needle and you have to heat them up and bend the needles to match the originals once you find the right size needle.

But the 9W is a completely different machine that anything Singer built. It is just left over parts from W&W after they bought them out. The handwheel turns the opposite from the Singer machines so try to remember that one otherwise you will be breaking thread and possibly bending the hook assembly.

Billy