View Single Post
Old 06-09-2007, 07:39 AM
mpeters1200

I started a thread in March about some projects I had going on. It ended up talking about so many other things that I thought I just start a new one.

I can't believe I got so much done this week, even with all the hysteria going on here...

If you remember me talking about those ironing boards I made, I finally had a chance to use mine this week. It doesn't work well on my round table, but it will when I have a regular one someday.

I've been working on a quilt top for about 3 years now. The first 2 1/2 was gathering just the right pieces for it. It's for a child-hood friend of mine. 5 of the 7 pieces in each block are pieces that she used to make projects in 4-H that her mom saved. I got almost all the fabric from her mom in the first place as this quilt is a surprise for her. I have the top almost completed now. I followed the directions in the pattern. I just made a few cutting errors, but nothing major. It was to be my first larger than lap size. When I had it all done the first time, I measured it and it was WAY too small....so I ripped off all the borders, made 8 more blocks, which made 2 more lines, and made it a bit longer. Then I put top and bottom borders back on. Now I just have to make side borders. The border material is the same as the backing as I was originally given 26 feet of it. If any one of you could give me instructions about how to post a pic here, I would love to show it to you now that it's done sans side borders. I'm just so happy it's almost F*********. I'm trying not to use the F-word.

I was going to start a foundation piecer next, but I've changed my mind...i'm sure that's never happened to any of you. :D The pastor's wife at my church was just diagnosed with breast cancer. I dug through my old quilting magazines as I knew I had just the perfect pattern in there somewhere. I did!! It's called Healing Hands and the pattern and fabric were from some type of breast cancer awareness line. The fabric is all impossible to find, but I just substituted EVERYTHING. The only thing that stayed the same was the main color. I won't sell it, so I don't have to worry about copyright. I have almost all the pieces for it including the tea-stained muslin for the handprints. I'll put all the kids in children's ministry handprints on it for her as she is in charge of that ministry. She'll need a nice heavy blanket for those cold chemo visits.

And I put on some patches on a leather vest...never to do it again!! But I am happy that quilt top is almost done. I want to show it to all of you, but don't know how.

Have a great one....any recent completions you are proud of???