View Single Post
Old 06-09-2007, 08:21 AM
Marybeth

Like you, I have one that is almost done. Twenty-five years ago, before she died, my m-i-l, made a quilt for each grandkid. My oldest daughter got one with a butterfly applique. My m-i-l made her own pattern for this. She used scrap fabric and made the butterflies in 12" blocks. She also sewed the blocks together into a top. Unfortunately she became ill and died from cancer before finishing.

At that time, I did not sew or quilt or want to do either, so the quilt top sat in a bag in the closet for someday.

Fast forward, twenty years or so and my daughter moved out into her first house. We found the quilt top while searching for stuff for her house. This daughter knows how to sew and embroider and decided to hand quilt it herself with the help of a friend.

Three years later daughter sells house and moves to nearby city for better job and quilt sandwich is unearthed again. She has finished 1/3 of 1 block. Now I have learned to quilt and am asked to finish quilt for her.

I don't hand quilt, I machine quilt due to a lack of patience. In March I started and now the quilting is done. I have cut the binding and just need time this weekend to sew it on.

I will ask my youngest how to put a pix on here as it is really neat.

Any ideas on a label for this quilt that would reflect this uniqueness of the quilt?

Marybeth