Old 07-31-2010, 06:41 PM
blahel

Location: other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia

I went to a dealer but only had a little time so only asked questions..it comes with acufeed which i think is a built in walking foot. It also comes with a 1/4 in foot (amongst 13 others) special free motion foot set which is meant to make free motion quilting easier. It also comes with APC which is an automatic plate converter which converts it into a single hole when sewing fine fabrics so they dont get pulled into the hole. It is an alumimium frame which I was happy about as dont like plastic. Also included is the acrylic extension table. i was impressed and will try to make it down there on Aug 31 when you get to use it.
It is almost $3500 Australian dollars so will probably wait until it comes down in price. They also didnt take trade ins.
I have asked my husband to give me money for all birthdays, xmas etc as it is such a lot of money for us. The other reason I want to wait is to see if this machine has any problems as some things do when they first come out.
I have heard that the jog dial on it is not all that good but do not know details.
Please Horizon owners give us your feedback!