View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 05:24 AM
mjsylvstr

Originally Posted by wordpaintervs
Thanks. My hubby watchs me work all that time on those and never complains, because he feels it will give a little girl who is endureing cancer a small measure of comfort. Sometimes I get scraps donated by quilters, and that helps, as I usually have to buy my own skin tone fabrics and they aren't real easy to find. Each doll with this 'hispanic look' fabric came from a quilt shop and costs $4.50 per yardage required for each doll body. The nightgown, I was able to make from an old white sheet I had not bothered to throw out yet. The trim was some a sister in law bought me years ago for my birthday, and the dress material was from scraps a quilter friend gave me ...just for the dolls. Probably more info than you wanted to know, but at least this doll's expenses weren't as much as they could be. I thought of finding clothing at the thrift store and using it as well. I count my blessings that I am able to make these dolls. Thanks for your kind reply above. I am looking for a peach color and a darker skin tone for african american doll bodies, although when I asked the American Cancer Society office manager (for our small ACS, that accepts my dolls,) if she needed different skin colors and she told me the little kids don't seem to care what color the skin tone is. I'm thinking they may have good hearts despite their cancer situations.

Vickey Stamps
good morning, Vicky..after reading your posts, I went and looked at the trims that I have stashed from when I did crafts. If you could use them, I would so like to mail them out to you....
Also, I would like to send you a check for the fabric for one of these adorable dolls. It would be so little to help you with so much that you are doing for these children.

If you would like this trims and such...please PM me and let me know where I should send them.

God watches over you for helping his children.....

MaryJane