View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 09:05 AM
ksea

Originally Posted by Overlander
This is a picture of Highway 20 coming into Williams Lake, BC. We have about 8 big fires anywhere from 20 KM to 100 KM from the city and all the smoke is funneling into the valley. It is awful! I don't leave the house of my work unless it is to run to my car and drive home or to work. We have a suitcase packed just in case. I work at a local hotel and we are on alert to accept evacuees. They started coming in last night. This is even worse than the 2004 fire season. I have all my quilts packed into plastic totes in case we have to go in a hurry, but can't take my frame and quilting machine. Only the Janome will fit. Am I worrying too much? I don't think so!
Sending prayers up for you and yours! I lost everything in a fire back in 1996 (house fire, not forest fire) and it is just devastating. Most things can be replaced, but good for you for carrying your quilts in the trunk of your, don't forget to add some irreplaceable pics to the totes if need be. Hopefully the fires will be under control really soon.