Thread: Home Remedie?
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 12:43 PM
lab fairy

Do not use anything not prescribed on your eyes. If you are spending money on home remedies, save it and go to the doctor. Epsom Salts, magnesium sulfate heptahydrate to us geeks, has a lot of uses but this is not a good one. The stuff you find in the store is not necessarily "pure". If you are really looking for something over the counter, talk to a pharmacist. They will be happy to answer any question they legally can.

I know a lot of people are really into the home remedy thing. That's OK except that you have a really contageous infection, you live with a small child and are around other people. Everything that comes in contact with an open oriface (eyes are an open window for germs) should be sterile. Those compresses when you are finished would need to be boiled (sterilized) to kill the bacteria. Just washing in hot water and chlorox is not enough.

The fact that you have multiple infections is a good indicator of overall systemic health. You might be needing to evaluate your diet, find a "good" vitamin, etc. My kids tend to get more infections as they get higher on the stress train. I know college starts soon. You definitely don't want to be wimpy in the beginning. I hope you feel better soon.