View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 12:57 PM
Luv Quilts and Cats

I am sorry you are sick. I have had pneumonia and was out of work 3 weeks. I was on antibiotics for two of the weeks. I did not start feeling at all like myself until the 3rd week. I went back to work part-time the 4th week per my doctor's orders. He told me don't go in before 8:30, work 4 hours, then go home and sleep. He was right, working just 4 hours tired my out. Pneumonia takes a lot of you strength away. It is not a simple cold or flu, but worse, lasts longer and really saps your strenght and body reserves. I am surprised I wasn't put in the hospital because I have diabetes as well. Anyway, sleep as much as you can, drink fluids as much as you can, (I know, I found it hard to drink fluids while I was sleeping, too) and do not try to do too much too soon or you will have a relapse. My doctor's nurse told me that pneumonia in a diabetic is nothing to fool with, and I found out it wasn't. I did go back to full time work the 5th week, but I went to bed early every night. It was a good 8 weeks on all before I felt like myself again. Please take care of yourself. Try to eat hightly nutricious foods to help keep your strength up. I did not feel like eating, but being a diabetic, I had to have food in me 3 times a day. It was a struggle, sometimes just ate vegatable soup. I made sure I took my multivitamin and gave myself permission to do what I had to do to get better. I was of no use to anyone if I got sick from a relapse. I hope you get better soon! You will get through this. Be really good to yourself!