View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 01:05 PM
Luv Quilts and Cats

My avatar, Chloe is a shelter rescue. She doesn't like other cats and the shelter had so many cats and kittens that she was getting stressed just being near them. There was no place to put her or any other cat who hated other cats off by themselves. She wouldn't eat much, and just was stressed when I got her. But she held on to me when I held her and she purrred in my ear. She rolled on her back in the cage and looked at me. The woman working that day said she had never seen her do that to anyone before. OK, maybe she was telling a story to get me to adopt her. Well, I only went to look. Chloe was the second cage I looked in in the lobby of the shelter. I never made it into the two "cat" rooms! She was soo tiny and skinny. I didn't want another long hair cat. But sometimes the universe surprises us and we get what we need instead. She needed peace and quiet without other cats, and I needed a cat to love after my beloved Sasha passed away. I think we both got what we wanted. A sweeter cat I have never met. And she is a people cat, too. My first two cats were not, skittish and would not come out when people visited. But Chloe, once eating properly, filled out, her coat is beautiful, and she greets everyone who comes to the house. She is my little sweetie.