View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 01:14 PM
Spydee

1. Do you buy bottled water? If yes, why? NO

a. our tap water is decent, but bottled tastes even better
b. our tap water is safe to drink, but it tastes terrible
c. our tap water isn't safe to drink
d. convenient to have water bottles when on the go
e. alternative to other bottled beverages (sodapop, juice, etc.)
f. to look stylish, cool, trendy
g. love the idea of water that comes from a mountain spring, glacier, Fiji, etc.
h. other (please explain)

If you usually drink tap water, why?
A and B primarily. C and D to a much lesser extent.
a. tastes perfectly fine
b. costs less
c. don't want to harm the environment with all those plastic bottles
d. don't want health problems from all those plastic bottles
e. other (please explain)

2.Do you buy the size you can carry with you, the gallon jugs, the big tanks that go on a dispenser, or some combination?
I do carry reusable/dishwasher safe CamelBak bottles with me when I am on the go. I just cannot see paying someone $2-5/per day for water. Yes, the bottles are not cheap but they last forever. Plus, if you are not too picky about the color, they can be found on sale.

3. If your tap water tastes bad, what does it taste like? N/A
a. chlorine
b. fish
c. algae
d. cement
e. metallic
f. chemical
g. dirty
h. other (please explain)

4. Does your tap water have a texture, like oily, slimy? NO

5. If you drink bottled, would you switch back to tap if it tasted good? Why or why not? N/A

Now, as much as I think people are throwing away money in many instances by buying bottles water (I know there are a few legitimate reasons), I wonder why people do not keep at least a case or two of bottled water in their homes for emergencies. I have lived in too many places where the utilities including water supply has been compromised for an extended period of time. And I am pretty darn convinced, it does not matter where you live, it can happen. Why not be prepared??