View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 01:18 PM
dkabasketlady

Yes, I have almost 3yrs. ago. I was put on two different rounds of the Z-pack! I had breathing treatments at the doctor's office and went thru several inhalers. I felt like CRAP and had phlegm discharge for three months(if I remember correctly) and didn't really feel good for almost six months. It took me that long to get my energy level back to where it was before. I remember being in bed for almost 2 1/2 weeks before feeling somewhat better. Don't overdo it and listen to your body, it will tell you when to take it easy. Luckily I don't work and could take the extra time to rest. I went on a cruise with my best friend four weeks(it was already planned) after being diagnosed with pneumonia. I had to take my inhaler with me and really use it after waking up in the morning to get all the phlegm up. I was tired, but I WAS GOING ON THIS CRUISE. My best friend was stage4 with Breast Cancer and I knew this was the last time I'd see her. She passed away just three weeks after our cruise. I have soooooooo many good memories. My doctor worked really hard to get me feeling better because they knew what I had planned. Good luck & take care of yourself!!!! Mucinex does HELP along with antibiotics & pain meds!!