View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 03:02 PM
grann of 6

Originally Posted by wordpaintervs
Originally Posted by Janette
Originally Posted by wordpaintervs
Again....(See the chemo caps sending of a few days ago) is not exactly a quilt, but like the one cap, it is the use of mixtures of fabric and trim, sewn together for a purpose. This is number ten of the dolls for local kids with cancer, I have made. Each one seems to be a little different. This time I actually took wax paper and planned out a pattern I believe I will continue on using. She is a flip or reversable doll with a smile on one end and a nice dress, then on the other a nightgown and a smile.. She took almost 12 hours start to finish to complete. She is 21 inches tall. Two children so far were laid to rest with their dolls. I hope there will be no more. I am a retired nurse, writer, sewer, knitter, etc and will be 70 in just over a week. I've lost friends and family to cancer, and complications from Alzheimer's... so this type retirement project is a 'pay forward' thing.
Check out Keepsake Quilting for skin-colored fabric. Their last catalog carried quite a large selection of various colors.
is that on-line...Keepsake Quilting??? I will try to find it. Thanks. It isn't easy to find any skin tones that are fairly close. I am looking for pinkish-peach, asian tones, african-american, native american, and all that. Thanks for your help.
It's keepsakequilting.com