View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 03:42 PM
wordpaintervs

Originally Posted by wordpaintervs
Originally Posted by mjsylvstr
Vicky, I received your PM with your address and have some trim ready to go out tomorrow.

I also found a piece of flesh tone fabric....I had for paper piecing. It isn't that large but I think that you might be able to get a head and pair of hands from it. It is 14"x 21 1/2".....hope that you can use it.

I have also enclosed a check for fabric for one of your dolls. Maybe there will be others who don't have any trim or talent to make the dolls, but want to help, might think along this line also.

I will check out any tannish fabric for other skin tones and if I find any..will send that along also.

You are doing a wonderful thing for these children and I am more than happy to be of assistance to you. MaryJane
The dolls are all one piece or 2 pieces sewn front to back...however, I bet the size you described might be perfect for a small boy with cancer. I will look forward to the package. Nine people so far have stepped forward and it so warms my heart to have them want to help me in whatever way they can. For now I will start tonight to sew and stuff the two remaining bodies I have cut out (like in the picture). I sent off an e-mail to a quilting place that might have skin tones, and hope to hear from them, so I can get more bodies ready to sew up. They look pretty ugly till I get the faces and clothes on, then each take on a unique look. THe trim and ribbons make a lot of difference too. I love for my dolls to look special for the children they go too.

God bless you for your help. I am excited over it all. I never dreamed so many would want to help me out.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANKYOU.

Vickey Stamps

P.S. just have to tell you that I took the doll in the first postings to church this morning, and showed her to my young preachers mother who is my age...she went into her purse and made me take $20 to help with the dolls. I am going to try to buy more doll fabric with that money, and maybe down the road, get a very large plastic container to keep all the cancer supplies in, and intact as they progress along, before going out to a child. Thanks again. Will try to buy the container on my own. People are so kind. Even a lady who survived cancer is going to try making the dolls to help others. WONDERFUL NEWS.
I meant a small boy doll for a small little boy with cancer. I'm sure little guys need someone to talk to in the still of the night, just like little girls do. I made one before and put on blue jeans and a sweater with a beanie cap (smaller then these dolls) and on the front,, made a smile and on the back a sleepy look