Old 08-01-2010, 07:07 PM
Ditter43

I bought a steam mop about a week ago and used it today for the first time. It was sure easier then mopping the other way but I am not sure it gets floors any cleaner.
After I mopped my kitchen and dining room, I noticed streaks on the floor. The pad on the steam cleaner was just dirty in places. I took the pad off and washed it in the sink, wrung it out and replaced it damp on the steam mop. Then I went over the floors again and was amazed at how much more dirt I picked up. My floors really didn't look that dirty!
Then I decided to give it a real test. I washed the pad again, replaced it and took it to our shower. Of coarse it was a little hard to manuver it to clean in the shower, but I was truly amazed at the results! My glass shower doors got clean enough I could actually see through them. The floor of the shower was spotless. I tried to clean the walls, but it was to hard to manuver it to do a thorough job.
I am going to buy one of the hand held kind. I can see so many places I will use it. So overall I am impressed. I was able to do the floors and the shower without killing my back like I usually do!
If you have one, what do you think?