View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 07:12 PM
leakus

I work 40 hours per week and now I am lucky because I have a 10 minute commute. I have 5 yr old and DH and of course a a lot of "Have to do" things around the house. My DH cooks almost every day but that doesn't mean I am free to do what I want (Quilt), I am in charge of the side dishes, setting the table and do the dishes. Now that we live in a house I have a sawing room and this allowed me to go there and spend at least 20 happy minutes and accomplish something. When we lived in a condo I couldn't get anything done because just opening the sawing machine, mat, ironing table etc took me a good 20 minutes, then finding the project from under the bed or under the sawing machine another 10 minutes, so it was really bad. Back then my son was little so I didn't get anything done for at least 4 years. Back then I managed to sign up for a class here an there on Saturdays and maintain my sanity.
Now that my kid is almost 6 yrs old I manage to spend maybe 1 hour, 2 if I am lucky in my sawing room but my problem is DH that compains that he doesn't "see" me until is time to bed or dinner time. I feel very frustrated if I cannot get to the sawing room but I try to put myself in perspective and appreciate how things are much better now.
I am planning better now, I try to have several projects going on so depending how much time I have what I work on. I always try to have something to take to the family room when my DH demands me there and watch tv.
I cannot wait to have more time in my hands to quilt but I am 20 yrs away of retirment so I HAVE TO MANAGE the best I can.
Thanks for posting this one, I feel I am not alone and learing from others experiences.
andrea