Old 08-01-2010, 11:07 PM
danmar

While she was doodling, she got to thinking that it would be really pretty with a little more color. So, she colored in the 8PS in some different colors and liked the looks of it. So,.... she went shopping and bought some more materials to make the 8PS out of, and to make their background with. Are you ready for this??? She bought a dark & light of each of these 4 colors to do the 8PS out of. The light fabrics will be for the background of the star, the darks will be for the 8PS. OK. And the new 8 colors are.....(2 of each).....
1. Blue
2. Purple
3. Yellow
4. Orange....(Yes, you read that right!)

Then, she also bought another piece of red, to make the kites with. It doesn't even match the other red that will be in the corners of the CS that will match up with them. PLUS....She found another dark blue that she liked and wants in the quilt. So, now we are up to 20 different fabrics. She mailed them to me.

You can kind of see how she wants them in her picture above.

I told her I'd have to see about making the "Kites", if I could figure a way. I think I will have to Paper Piece the 4 corners of the 8PS now. Here is another drawing she sent me a few days later, to show more of the way she wants them to look.

This is Pauline's Kite picture.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]90071[/ATTACH]

This is the Carpenter's Star that I'm talking about, for those of you who haven't seen my pattern in the tutorials, or either of the quilts I made out of this block and posted on here.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]90072[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-90066.jpe   attachment-90067.jpe