View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 04:48 AM
tdgiffin

All of my pets are rescues save my daughter's Guinea pig, and my chihuahua (got him before I knoew of rescues.) My beautiful Egyptian Mau, Missy, was a few days from being put down. I saw her on petfinder.com, and guess what? her shelter was right near where my mom lives. She bailed her out, and brought her to me two and a half hours away. it was meant to be.
I have an orange Garfield cat named Snoo. He was also on death row at a shelter that was very underfunded and had a zillion cats all in line to be put to sleep. It was hard to leave that shelter with only him because there were cages stuffed with little kittnes, and in most cases, their mamas. You know that they did not have a chance. at least ours got away from there.
Our basset, Luke, came from Guardian Angel bassett rescue. I feel in love with him the moment I saw him. he was featured in our local paper as a gust columnist when I used to be a columinst for them. I wrote articles about pets.
Last of all is our Pom. His name is Niko. He came with that name. he came from a rescue that only rescues small dogs, especially Poms. His tetth were mostly rotten out, and he was very fearful. Now he sleeps in a doll bed every night next to my little girl. she wrote a paper about her best friend for her teacher last year and guess who it was? Niko! he also won first place in our neighborhood's Fourt of July dog dress-up contest this year!