View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 07:51 AM
Lostn51
Banned

Originally Posted by QBeth
My significant other has caught the vintage machine bug! Came home Saturday with a yard sale find -- a 1941 Singer Model 66-16(?). Based on what this machine needs, and what I've seen others ask for on this Board, we need:
- method of determining the exact model number (i.e., the Singer site only gave us the "66" but our search for a manual shows variations of this model)
- rubber belts (bobbin winder and main one)
- sliding bobbin plate
- machine manual (managed to find one online but a long search! Also, all the manuals feature the same black picture of the machine where the details of what the arrow is pointing to are almost impossible to see -- can you take a better picture and create your own manual??)

The machine is also terribly filthy. Perhaps you could create "kits" with suitable cleaning agent for the body, proper oil, instructions on where to oil (or include a copy of one of your tutorials), etc.

Our machine is also designed to sit in a cabinet but didn't come with one. Do you know any good woodworkers (or maybe yourself) who can build a base (that sits on a table) or, provide plans on how to build one?

That's all I can think of for now. Its wonderful that you're going into this business!! You already have potential customers who trust you!
Okay this is going to be a definite go for me, and I am fixing to drop some serious cash into the parts and supplies and I am already in the process of buying land to build a facility to house everything along with a few other services that I have yet to announce!

Now if you are wanting parts PM me and then I can get back to you per your request. I can supply 3/4 of what your asking for no problem. But it has to be through PM so I can keep track of everything.

Billy