View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 08:33 AM
Covered in Threads

I believe I am one of the fortunate ones. My hubby of 37+ years has always helped around the house, gotten involved with the extra activities our girls were doing and been supportive of my crafting business - be it setting up the booth, selling items or just running errands for me.
Though I work only 4 days a week now instead of 5 we have always found time to do our other interests - hiking, camping, traveling along with my addiction to sewing. I've only done true quilting for the past 5-6 years, rest of the years I've done alot of hand sewing (stuffed animals), baby items, sculpting and painting. Together we have participated in numerious craft/art shows using the funds we made to do most of our traveling with.
Being busy as we are we find little slots of time to sew and craft. I hand sew while he drives, prepare crafts while watching TV and I always carry a tote bag of things to work on during my lunch breaks, appointments, etc. If you have it in your heart you can always find time. Now that both of our daughters are on their own we each took over the extra rooms and have our "craft" rooms ready for us whenever we find 15 minutes or more to play. We both find it very healthy and rewarding, so we encourage others to find a hobby/art/craft and seek ways to make it work.