Old 08-02-2010, 10:40 AM
Pzazz

Originally Posted by RugosaB
2 years ago I was in a car accident and what happened is called brain shear, explained to me it's the same that what happens to a child in shaken baby syndrome. Looking back the drs are amazed at my recovery and though it took me a year to sew, all those memories remained and where they're supposed to be.
We went to Cedar Point yesterday, and since I spent many days there as a kid 40-45 years ago, I consciously tried to remember things that seeing the park would sort out. I called it putting the memories that were knocked off my brain shelf sorted out and then refiled where they should be. I even remembered things that I haven't remembered for years, so there's hope there may be more to come
I have seen some old cartoons and Leave it to Beaver,Brady Bunch and especially some Dark Shadows that I used to race to see after school that have stirred some memories.
There are no outward signs of the hit on the head and though I thought I was like this before, I even moreso now don't judge anyone by their cover, inside they may be dealing with things that give no outwards signs that they are
RugosaB...

It really does make you more aware of other people, doesn't it? I lost vocabulary and math skills due to a car accident. Probably was a good thing I knew how to laugh at myself!!! Most of my vocab has come back, (I do a LOT of crosswords), and since working in a credit union for the past 2 1/2 years, the math skills are getting better as well.

I hope your memories continue to come back!!!

Patti