View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 11:00 AM
Judi in Ohio

I've been a life longer sewer and then got into machine embroidery. I have a friend who is a digitizer and when she first started I did some beta testing for her. I sewed out her designs on denium squares. At one point I bought a machine from a friend and she said "you should quilt, you would love it!". My words - "Not me, I'd never be able to do a 1/4" and be that precise!" While squaring up the embroidered blocks, they got smaller and smaller. I didn't know how to square up - so I decided a quilt class would teach me rotary cutting & squaring. OMG, my life has never been the same. My first baby quilt was given to a niece who got real emotional - she said "Aunt Judi, Ian was going to be the only child in our family who didn't have a quilt made for him. (Her grandma had baby quilts made, and she died just months before Ian's birth)" I've made many, many baby quilts since then and actually quilt more than I embroider now. My denium quilt got made and I put it in a raffle to make some money for a family member. It was very well received.
Judi in Ohio