Old 07-19-2008, 04:03 AM
barnbum

Form the website Saly posted, this seems to be an important paragraph:

You are free to use patterns from any book or magazine that you have purchased. However, if you make an exact copy or a close adaptation of an item from a pattern or book, the designer still owns the copyright on your work and you must ask that designer for permission to publicly display it. Many books and patterns will give permission "for personal use and non-profit use only." This means you can make an exact or a close item from the pattern and keep it, display it, give it to a friend or sell it. You cannot mass produce items from the pattern and sell them commercially.
But, as much as that clear things up, is it saying we shouldn't be posting our work--other designer's work--on this forum? :?: :?: And what about quilt shows? I think that's where common sense comes in to play--and if someone tells where they bought the pattern, or the website they got it from--it's all good for the designer. I would think they'd be saying--"if you make this pattern--please display it anywhere you are able--just give me credit for the design and let them know where to find it." :wink: