Old 07-19-2008, 04:43 AM
Sally Dolin

This morning I'm singing the praises of designer Bonnie Hunter of http://Quiltville.com. What a sweetheart! One of the kits we wanted to make is Smokey Mountain Stars. Our desire is to enlarge the pattern and use our dies which would drastically change the directions. We wrote her, asked if it was ok. What we will do is to re-write the instructions using our dies, forward everything to her for approval and she is still the creator and it is her pattern. Her response is "fine with me". We will also put a link into her site so that people can look there if they like her design and want similar things.

We have also seen kits made up that tell you where to buy the pattern. I think that is not a very cool thing but to each his own. When I get something new - I want to play with it NOW! I guess I'm spoiled - LOL

As to the sell a quilted item, I'm not worrying too much about donating a quilt for a raffle, making half a dozen table runners for a church boutique. I believe that the main intent on selling is for manufacturers - thousands of something with those machines that quilt a queen in 1.5 minutes.
Happy Stitching
Back to work for me
Sally