Old 08-02-2010, 06:32 PM
Lostn51
Banned

Originally Posted by jackkip
Hey guys I need some info. I have a machine that the stamped serial number is: B1299706. I go to the Singer records and discovered that is a Model 66 made in 1905.

It had a motor attached. The Motor is a Pfaff. So the motor had to have been added at a later time. There is no Singer badge on it, but does have a Singer decal. The presser foot bar is a type of "Revco". The thread take up lever, the presser foot handle are both solid black. Almost like they have been painted. It does have decals, but very simple. I have yet to find another 66 that is that plain. The only one that looked close was the industrial. The Tension assembly was not orginal.

So is this just a refurb of whatever parts where available? Should I try to replace with orginal parts? Just wanted to share and see what ya'lls ideas on this was.

Thanks,
Jackie
Jackie that is a refurb and they used decals ordered from the Singer dealer. It is a nice machine and what do you think about the Revco presserfoot tension. I have one on a 66 Red Eye that I robbed parts of of for Anne's 66.

If I were you I would clean up what you have maybe find a singer motor if you want to keep it electric and enjoy the machine!!

Billy