View Single Post
Old 07-19-2008, 12:00 PM
Minda

I try not to let the ads bother me. Without ads, the sites would not be there for me to enjoy. There are plenty of pay sites for those who want to avoid the ads, but I really enjoy having free sites to go to for information and tutorials. The ads at the bottom of the pages on this forum allow us to exchange ideas and ask questions free of charge. I love the fact that we're not charged for some of the best advice from some of the nicest and most knowledgeable quilters I know. :D

BTW, our local Wal-Mart was going to remove the fabric department but Wal-Mart received so many calls from quilters in this area that they decided to keep the fabric. Our local guilds also encouraged their members to call. Possibly if quilters in your areas started calling the company headquarters and asking to have the department re-instated, they may rethink their decision. If you call, be sure to tell them the town where your Wal-Mart is located. Hope this works for those of you who have lost your W-M fabric departments.