View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 08:55 PM
wvdek

Since I did not wish to hi-jack tdgiffins post about the Furminator grooming tool, I am posting this about the 5 in1 groom spray I use along with the Furminator.
Several years ago I discovered Miracle Groom by Absorbine which is a company that makes horse products. Miracle Groom (MG) is the absolute best groom product I have found for our pets. You can buy MG by the quart or the gallon. It cleans, conditions, deoderizes, detangles, and shines up the coat. It leaves no greasy residue, works w/o soap and water, needs no rinsing, and removes stains on the coat and brightens the colors.

Lat week, our cat, Mr. Tubbs, who is a cream and gold cat, came in after rolling in cow poohey in the cow pasture next door. I got an old towel and my MG, sprayed the MG onto the towel to dripping point and proceeded to towel off the goo. No stain no odor from the pooh and good as new. (Hey, that rhymed)

The collie in my avatar has not been bathed in over three years or more. He is an indoor/outdoor dog. He plays hard outside, loves to run into the fields, roll in the grass, etc. He has long hair and only gets brushed out once a month if that when I trim his nails. I spray the MG onto his coat and rub in as directed, then I use the Furminator to brush down deep and get all the dead dry hair sitting on the skin out. The MG has a very nice mild odor to it, smells fresh and clean, and will not hurt the animal (keep out of the face area unless you spray on your hands and rub in away from the eyes). I have had Laddie for over 5 years and he never gets tangles in his hair and I believe it is due to the MG. He alway's smells good and his coat has a sheen to it and bounces when he walks.
Our German Shep. mix has short rough coat. I can use this method on him and when he rolls in cow poohey and no odor (his coat is black so hard to say no stain but I doubt it). His coat is then shiny and becomes wavy after using MG.

The cats love me to spray it on my hands and rub it all over them. We then use the Furminator (for cats) on them and not a one runs away. We do have one that is a bit obnoxious so we pet her and scratch her ears with one hand as we use the Furminator on her. Do you know that very fine cat hair you see all over your furniture? Well it will decrease tremendously after you use these two products.
No, I don't sell them, work for them, or have stock in the companies that make them (although I wish I did), I just know a good product when I use it and want to pass it on to my quilting buddies. For the price of one grooming (depending on where you live) you can purchase both of these products and groom your critter yourself and have more bonding time. I groom on a Sunday afternoon about once a month.

Remember, Laddie has not had a bath in 3-5 years and Kaden has had only two and that was because he got skunked.

www.absorbine.com to read more and see where you can purchase it.