View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 04:50 AM
MarthaVA

Ok, so I bought 10 fabrics that I fell in love with. They are varying shades of purples and blues. 1.5 yards each. I want to make a king size quilt for my bed but I want the sides long enough to look more like a bespread. My mattress and box spring is really thick and this is going to have to be a really wide quilt!

The top I would like to piece somehow - the sides I could use wide strips length-wise and be happy.

I don't want the top to be too intricate - cutting fabric into tiny pieces (anything less than 3") and then sewing it back together - not my thing. I do want something interesting tho. I just haven't been able to decide on a specific pattern yet.

So I'm looking for suggestions. I'm still pretty new at quilting and I am still working on perfecting my 1/4" seams and squaring up, etc. So the less tiny stuff I have to do, the better.

This is a project that is going to be awhile in the making as I have several other projects I want to get done.

I also think I'm going to have to incorporate lighter colors, either white, or cream, into the pattern but I'd rather not I think. I don't know! I just knew I had to have this fabric for the bed. LOL

Thanks in advance for any ideas you might have.

Martha
Attached Thumbnails attachment-90853.jpe   attachment-90854.jpe