Old 08-03-2010, 03:45 PM
Darcene

[quote=Honchey]Hi BIlly, As I was driving home from the LQS I noticed something was wrong with my car. So I pulled over to the shoulder and got out to take a look see---couldn't find anything wrong so I got back in the car and GUESS WHAT?? I found a stow-away in my back seat. So It really IS true what all the others have been saying about them just jumping in the vehicles. :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Honchey is so very right.....we must always practice vigilance....as I was leaving my aunt's house this last weekend a couple of machines showed up in my car as well....both are Singers they are a 15-90(1933) and a 15-91(1948)....both are in great condition...she was still using them for occasionally patching jeans and hemming slacks. They are in portable cases and I do not have cabinets for them (yet) and I have no idea where I will put them or what to do with them, but I have a soft heart when it comes to vintage machines....I am at the point where I am going to have to stop bringing them home or where I am going to have to start finding good homes for them. I know that I won't stop bring them home, so I guess I need to start finding homes for them.....with a motorectomy the 15-90 could be returned to her original state as a treadle machine.