Thread: WalMart
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2007, 09:34 AM
plfreitag

Originally Posted by Debbie Murry
And I quote the Rain Man. WALMART SUCKS
You know, comments like this, though I understand the sentiment, make it tough on some of us who are a bit more sensitive about where we have to shop in order to make ends meet. If you're living on a tight budget, shopping at WalMart might make the difference between a meal or no meal. Paying $2 a pound more for meat, or $1.50 a gallon more for milk, adds up more quickly than you may realize. If you happen to need special foods because you're diabetic or have to eat low-carb, buying from a smaller store can devastate the financial solvency of your budget altogether. Shopping at WalMart enables me to buy (store-brand) Altern for less than $6 instead of paying almost $9 at the next closest smaller store for brand-name Splenda.

Please be kind. I shop there because it is the best choice for our family. I already feel bad enough because everyone whines about how mean they are to their employees and such. The fact remains that where we live there are over 250 people who have jobs now who didn't have them 5 years ago because we have a Supercenter. Those people deserve to work, too, and not all of them can drive into the city or have fancy educations that enable them to have a better job.

Just my 2 cents and some change...

Trisha