View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 05:06 PM
dar627742

Originally Posted by desertdebbe
I too was looking for maximum bang for the buck. I couldn't understand why John's frame was so much less so I asked him. He explained that with the others the machine is moving. At the time I just wanted to be able to quilt on a frame so I bought the kit. I also got a maximizer 6 and 2 pack so that I could use either wood or pvc tubing.
As much as I wanted it to work it was extremely frustrating. I was patient I tried numerous things to correct little irritants but it never got better and I put it away in a box. I believe I have the dvd but I'm not positive. He shows you everything you need to do online.
My honest suggestion is to save your time and money and then buy a frame. You can find them used all the time. I would have been much happier saving a few hundred dollars and buying a frame that actually works well with results that make you proud.
I now have a Hinterberg stretch frame ($899) It is a dream combined with my Juki 98Q. I would suggest the combo to anyone who is just starting out on a frame. If you want to buy my Flynn frame you can have it for $25 + shipping. I feel bad even asking that for it.
dear desert debbie,i am definitly inteestedin buyingyour flynn frame if you still have it !please pm me & let me know !!!dar627742