View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 07:27 PM
SharonAnne

OK, well, here are pictures of my first ever blanket quilt for a friend's granddaughter on the way around 8/10/10. It's a simple one that I made up the pattern (I don't have a sewing room or board, so I use a flannel backed tablecloth on the living room floor to arrange/rearrange patterns until I found one I liked). It's cotton front, flannel backed. And it's really not crooked - that's from smashing it in a dresser drawer so I could take an upright picture. All that's left to do is the baby's name/birthdate label when she arrives and to wash and press it. I chickened out on the FMQ and did a fancy machine stitch to reinforce all the seams I was scared would rip apart after a lot of washings. You know babies and the need for doing laundry. I have never done anything with triangles yet, and after my next two projects - a dress for my granddaughter and a wall hanging for my grandson - I'll teach myself that technique. Or maybe I should get more serious and take a basic quilting class or paper piecing perhaps. Have done 2 small wall hangings with applique, also without a class, but "with" FMQ. I'm addicted to this stuff already. Thanks for looking.

Front of My 1st Quilt (I'm happy with it)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]91462[/ATTACH]

Back of My 1st Quilt (flannel)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]91463[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-91457.jpe   attachment-91458.jpe