View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 01:23 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by SandyinZ4
Wow! Each thread that I read on this site is better than the next. I love your room as does everyone else here. Makes me wonder what the rest of your house looks like. Is it an old English cottage with roses in the yard? The finished quilts you have done are wonderful. Would love to see pics of each one opened out.I think there is another thread where folks were showing pics of their sewing rooms. Thanks again for making me so glad I joined this group!
Yes it is. It's made of the local stone called 'hamstone' which is a golden colour and has lots of fossils in it - this part of England's coastline is known as the Jurassic Coast. The front of the house has a magnolia tree which must be stunning in May - can't wait to see it! And a wisteria which will also be stunning - I moved in too late this year to see either! The back garden is indeed full of roses and lots of other English country garden flowers, although it's very overgrown as the former tenants neglected it. I'm gradually licking it back into shape. I don't have any pictures on the laptop - once I get my main PC working again (don't ask!) I'll post some pics of the house and garden. :-D

If you'd like to see more of my quilts, click on my name then click on topics created, scroll through all the waffle and click on the ones in 'Pictures'. Most of them have been posted here. And thanks very much for your interest. :-D