Old 08-04-2010, 03:56 AM
Rebecca VLQ

Hmmmmmmm.....if she has already stated it's "her masterpiece" it kinda leads me to believe that it is currently at what she would consider the pinnacle of perfection. I would say in your position, you are able to speak to her choice of quilting and gently steer her toward a motif that compliments the patterns of the quilt, but the backing? That is part of her quilt. She must have chose it for a reason. The only way I'd say you can mention it is if it contradicts what she wants you to quilt. Like,

"Janie, hey, it's Crazyquilter. I'm getting ready to begin quilting Your Masterpiece. I love it so much...you did a great job! I have a question though....I know you said you wanted (feathers) for the quilting, but I'm not sure it goes with the backing. Do you have another back that was in the running for this one? Or, would you like me to quilt it like (that other one I did for you)? I know this quilt is really important to you, so I wanted to just touch base with you before I began..."

or something like that. Even so, this sounds like you're saying something about her choices for her quilt. So, I dunno if I'd still say anything.

Got pics?