Old 08-04-2010, 08:02 AM
MissyGirl

Originally Posted by fryguymoore
Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Originally Posted by Gwyn
I know, I know, but if I have to think that much about food of all things, I would rather not have any. I know I am crazy and I get mad at the food and my body and it is just nuts. So my nutritionist gave me a plate out of the cafeteria. It has 3 sections. 1/2 of the plate is one section. The other 2 are 1/4 sections. 1/4 of my plate is for protein, 1/4 is for grains/carbs and the 1/2 is for vegetables salad or what ever is from my free list.

This I can handle. I don't take it personally and I am sure I could lose faster if I did it with a scale and measuring cup, but I have to do that which doesn't make me crazy.

My relationship with food is all tied up in my self worth, emotions, values, feelings, etc. It is good I am in counseling. It is good that I am eating again. Someday, I hope that I don't have to focus on this so much, but for now I am doing my best.
Wow. That plate thing is a great idea! I wish I had access to one of those plates. I can totally see your reasoning in using it.

I too have so many issues wrapped up in food. Last night I got so hungry (it was pretty late too) that instead of reaching into the fruit drawer in the fridge I went to the pantry and made Easy Mac (Microwaveable mac and cheese). I feel so so bad about it now. Sigh. I do not know how to recover mentally from this. I just beat myself up so badly when I do things like this. Blech.

How do you all handle the upsets in your eating plan?

I might just do some outside walking today. It is only going to be 81 today. We will see though. I kind of think Gwyn's suggestion from yesterday about sitting outside is a good idea too.

Do you ever just feel so disgusted when you goof up? I sure do.

Thanks guys for being there for each other when we need it.

Missy
I know how you feel. There are times when I hate food, I hate everything it represents in my life. When it comes time to eat I get so upset, the thinking, the planning, the stress. Sadly, this whole battle has caused major depression for me. I have to be really careful to not let it upset me so much.

What I do [which may not be wise] is when I mess up or do something I perceive as a mess up I realize that I have a lot of tomorrows to try again. I have been overweight for a very long time and I have been losing weight, or keeping it off, for two years now. I don't let that turn into "tomorrow I diet." I guess it is a fine line.
I have been super morbidly obese for a very long time. It is upsetting but with the help of the folks here I am feeling lots better about this process. It is like I have a band of cheerleaders and that really helps so very much. I do not care if I ever get another FQ it is about the support, comraderie and love I find here.

Sometimes I get down like now from the mac and cheese debacle. But, I am doing better and now I am off to Walmart to buy that plate.

Thank you guys.

Love,

Missy