Old 08-04-2010, 08:25 AM
CAROLJ

I feel so so bad about it now. Sigh. I do not know how to recover mentally from this. I just beat myself up so badly when I do things like this. Blech.

How do you all handle the upsets in your eating plan?

Do you ever just feel so disgusted when you goof up? I sure do.
[/quote]

Missy, this is why I find making a commitment to what I am going to eat prior to the meal is helpful. Plus, use your journal. If you find your journal shows you are getting hungry, or doing what I call "panic eating" at certain times of the day you may need to adjust what you are eating. Maybe have a strawberry smoothie prepared or another low cal comfort food prepared for those times.

Look for patterns in your journal. It has helped me.

I goof up all the time, but I have to look at it as my body is trying to tell me something. I am trying to look at why I want to eat. If I'm hungry, I'll think about "can I wait", if I'm lonely, I'll go on line, if it's anxiety, I'll clean house, if I'm bored I'll go on line or watch TV. At this phase going on line seems to help me, but I need to substitute another positive behavior for going on line. I should be quilting, :hunf: .

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is the answers are there, we just don't have them all yet. But we will.

I find the hardest person to forgive in life is myself. I need to afford the same consideration and empathy to me as I do to others.

Forgive yourself and today is a new day.