View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 09:07 AM
grann of 6

Originally Posted by quiltingnonie
I ordered 10 different fabric cuts of Benartex's Mayfair line from fabric.com. When it arrived, I checked to see that all the cuts were there, then threw them into the washing machine.

As I started cutting the pieces for the quilt, I found they had shorted me 1 yard on one fabric :thumbdown: I NEVER thought to measure the fabric when I got it. Do you?

Now fabric.com is out of the one I need :cry: They did, however, refund the total for that cut - so I got one yard free, but now have to go searching for another yard.

Lesson learned.
I just got an order from them today, and for the first time ever in using fabric.com for close to 10 years, they sent me one wrong fabric. I ordered dish towel fabric and got the right length in a quilting fabric that is no where near dish towel fabric. I figure it is vacation time and their help is somewhat lacking. I am not going to return it, though. If they are short on a piece they usually e-mail me asking if they should send what they have. I have never had a problem before. They claim to have a 37" yard; have measured some but not all.