View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 11:45 AM
zyxquilts

I so glad to hear you found them both!
I live in a mobile home that has metal awnings over most of the windows & zzyzx the cat (my avatar) liked to sit & watch out the windows. Well, sometimes birds would come & sit on the cross braces that go from the awning to the house ~ zzyzx blew out more than a few of the screens trying to go after them! Ended up only being able to leave a couple of my windows open all the way, trying to keep her in.
The best one tho', was once when my Mom was watching her for me when I was out of town for the weekend. When Mom got to the house to feed zzyzx for dinner, she wasn't met at the door as usual. Mom looked all over the house, calling & calling - no cat. Mom said that she thought "Oh crap, Sue's gonna kill me if that cat is lost!" She went outside & called & looked - no cat. So she decided one last time to check thru' the house. When she came down the hall towards my bedroom, she heard this really strange noise, a sort of scratching sound. She came into the room, just as zzyzx climbed in thru' the window! I had left it open about 2", and she had managed to blow out the screen & get out!! The sound was her jumping/climbing/scrambling up the outside of the house to get back in!!! Zzyzx never was one to miss a meal!!! ;)