Old 08-04-2010, 12:41 PM
Bottle Blonde

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Well a Congratulations to you!!!! I am so glad you were able to get it up and running.

You know what I use for missing slide plates? I go to the hobby shop and get sheet styrene (comes in tinted colors and clear) and I just cut the shuttle plates out of them and with the Styrene I can watch the shuttle do its thing while I am sewing.

Billy
That is a good idea for the slide plate. I used the cardstock as a temporary fix, but knew I would need something else if I can't find the original. To be honest - that one is so pitted and bumpy - I probably shouldn't run fabric over it (and it is the devil getting it to slide open and closed) In what dept of the hobby store can I find the styrene?

I would like to find a replacement for the piece that is missing from the bobbin winder. I have the heart shaped cam - and my spooler distributor arm will follow it properly while moving to the left, but will not move to the right by itself - I have to hold it against the cam to wind a bobbin level. According to my illustrated parts/price list book - there should be a small piece that is oblong with an oblong opening in the center - it is just a bit wider than the cam - and is held in place on the cam with one of the small screws that is already in the cam (I wondered why there were 2 screws in the cam) I guess this piece pulls the distrubutor arm tightly against the cam ----- does any of this make sense? This little booklet of parts is priceless - what a huge help it has been to me!

One question --- is there a way to tone down the clunking noise? I find it charming, but it drives my dogs crazy! They keep running between my feet to bark at it! On the internet I found mention of the pitman(?) in regards to noise control but never found the tute on how to adjust it.

THANKS A BUNCH!