View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 05:21 PM
grann of 6

Originally Posted by quiltingnonie
Originally Posted by grann of 6
Originally Posted by quiltingnonie
I ordered 10 different fabric cuts of Benartex's Mayfair line from fabric.com. When it arrived, I checked to see that all the cuts were there, then threw them into the washing machine.

As I started cutting the pieces for the quilt, I found they had shorted me 1 yard on one fabric :thumbdown: I NEVER thought to measure the fabric when I got it. Do you?

Now fabric.com is out of the one I need :cry: They did, however, refund the total for that cut - so I got one yard free, but now have to go searching for another yard.

Lesson learned.
I just got an order from them today, and for the first time ever in using fabric.com for close to 10 years, they sent me one wrong fabric. I ordered dish towel fabric and got the right length in a quilting fabric that is no where near dish towel fabric. I figure it is vacation time and their help is somewhat lacking. I am not going to return it, though. If they are short on a piece they usually e-mail me asking if they should send what they have. I have never had a problem before. They claim to have a 37" yard; have measured some but not all.
I had to laugh at your comment "it is vacation time" ...I work in a hospital pharmacy. No matter how many are off on vacation, I STILL have to mix IV's correctly, and dispense the correct medications. NO EXCUSES! At times I feel like when I get poor customer service to say to them: "If I did my job like you are doing yours, people could DIE. I have to be accurate, why don't you??"
Sadly, you're right. I used to work for a dentist as his assistant, but in the summer sometimes I had to work as the office manager too, and I know I didn't do things quite as good as her, since I didn't do it every day. I only meant that someone was put where he or she didn't want to be or maybe wasn't qualified enough to do, and just didn't take the care he or she should have.