View Single Post
Old 07-21-2008, 04:28 AM
Roben

nellie, you can see a lot of the Alex Anderson shows at the HGTV website - if you type in "Simply Quilts' in the search box on the Video Center page, over 800 show parts come up. http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/shows_qlt Be forewarned: each show is broken into three or four parts, and each part starts with - you guessed it - an ad :cry:

I'm not totally against advertising - as I said earlier, I understand that sites need a revenue stream and I do appreciate those that make the ads as unobtrusive as possible. There are ads even on QNN, but I can go to full screen if I want to. My issue with Quilters TV is that I'm bombarded - there are ads to the right and to the left of the video screen, and now to have to watch one before I get to the video I'm after is just too much.

As far as just ignoring it, I think its only fair to voice my opinion to them. Years ago, television used to be much different and then the powers that be let 'just a little' (insert your favorite pet peeve here - language, violence, etc.) in - and look at it now. I'll feel better knowing I spoke up, even if I can't change the world all by myself :lol: