View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 06:53 PM
Gwyn

It seems I have opened a can of worms for some and some really creative organizing tips from others.

I wish there was a way to have stuff orderly, like at the fabric store. I love that wall of fabric at JoAnn's where every color is in a special place and it looks like a rainbow. If I walked into a fabric store and it looked like my sewing room, I would leave.

I have found a wall organizer pattern that looks very much like a shoe hanger, but the pockets aren't so deep. My ginghar rotory cutter box is metal and holds the cutter, my scissors, my tiny scissors and a few other things.

I have a bookcase with glass doors and a china cabinet that I can bring in to hold some fabric.

I could really use a small square table (24" - 40"). If it was one of those old ones that tilts up and sits next to a wall when not in use, it would be perfect. Then my ironing board wouldn't have to be my cutting and working area too.

I love all your suggestions. Keep them coming. My room looks better today than yesterday.

BTW: Walmart has clear plastic shoe boxes on sale this week, 6 boxes and lids for $5.00. Great for holding projects cut and ready to sew.