View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 05:24 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

i have been doing better and better in the past couple years, used to be i was very busy quilting for people and completing commissioned items between October and March; the past year or two i have found myself busier during what used to be the 'non-quilting months'
so, if i would just catch up with myself i'd be making pretty good $$...the pick up in business is great i just wasn't prepared for all of the busy changes that have been taking place this summer. my goal has been to be making enough to pay my bills by the time i am again out of work (i work private duty home nursing/my client is 97 years old, he's not going to last forever :( )and i think i am doing good staying on track for that goal. it used to be i only worried about making enough money to keep my self quilting without having to dip into the household budget. i've managed that for about 5 years now. the beginning of this year when i changed jobs was when hubby and i decided i should re-assess my business plan and make some positive changes so when the time comes i won't have to go out and find another job i will already have one at home. :)