View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 07:03 AM
Mimito2

Sorry this happened to you (Hugs). My DH and I are in process of starting a cabin and you would not believe the contractors that say to me "Have your husband call me/I'll give your husband a call", I politely tell them that if they cannot deal with me they surely will not be able to deal with DH because he is not as "nice" as I am. I have started beginning my conversations with "Do you have any problems with taking instructions from a woman?" Guess how many get off the phone!!!! Last month I needed 4 new tires for my car and an alignment. The serviceman started doing the alignment first. I asked the tire mgr to have him put on the new tires first. He says "WHY? It don't make no difference, anyways he is almost done with the alignment."
I went to CS Desk and asked for store mgr and made same request and was told to tell tire mgr. I replied that I had spoken to him first. This man also says to me, "Why do you want it done this way? At this point I lost it and very loudly told him. MY HUSBAND SAID!!! "Get tires put on and then have the alignment done." and that was what I was going to do.. That I was there to spend $600 and I was the customer, if I could not get what I wanted done HE needed to get my car off the rack, NOW!!, I was not going to pay for the alignment and I would go elsewhere to spend my $. He apologized - tires were put on and alignment was redone. If you do not stand up / speak up for yourself, even if it means being labeled a Witch!!!! attitudes will not change and you will feel walked on. I"ll step down from my soapbox now.