Thread: WalMart
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2007, 05:17 AM
susan s.

Debbie so sorry to hear about your husbands illness! I too will include you both in my prayers. Hope he's better by now.

I thought for a minute that our Walmart might be keeping some fabric because they had received new stock but, not any more I so relate to all of the situations you've all described. We do not even own a kitchen stove. We bought a $200.00 grill at Walmart, The same thing would have been $400.00 at Home Depot. We own the house but it needs so much work. Thank God My husband is a carpenter. However even with the free scrap materials he picks up from job sites we haven't been able to afford the electrician, electrical supplies or appliances yet to redo the kitchen on our current Income. I am job hunting as we speak. I would totally boycott Wallyworld (and other big box stores) If we could afford to pay $4.00 for a jar of mayo. I do already go elsewhere for meat just because WM Is not competing adequately with Albertsons , Rosaurs or Safeway in price or quality in this area.

I am looking for fabric more often at yard sales and thrift stores. I just bought around 30 yards of a variety of denim and light wgt. cotton for $5.00 at a yard sale. I was jazzed about that!:)