View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 01:22 PM
AbbyQuilts

10.With one hand hold the template. With the other trace around it. (Note if you have trouble with the template moving you can back it with find grit sand paper. Also I found sometimes it is hard to trace and I trace it with a pen and it is easier. you are just cutting that part away anyways)

11. When you have traced around the whole shape place your pencil or pen in the middle of the dots you made and make a mark. Take care to make sure the template is still lined up on the drawn outline. I find it is easier to mark it by twisting the pencil to make the mark.

Now you should have a shape with 3-4 dots on it (or more) depending on your shape.
Some people can sew dot to dot and not have to make a sewing line. I can not because my vision is poor. If you can skip to step 14

12. With a ruler place on edge on one dot and line it up with another dot. Once you have it straight and on the dots mark a pencil line ( I like pencil at this step more then pen)

Step 10 Tracing around the template
[ATTACH=CONFIG]92200[/ATTACH]

Step 11 Making dots
[ATTACH=CONFIG]92201[/ATTACH]

Step 12 Marking sewing lines
[ATTACH=CONFIG]92202[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-92195.jpe   attachment-92196.jpe   attachment-92197.jpe